1/28/08

Moving pt. 2

Well, it's been two weeks since I got to PA. Our flights were very long and while the children slept from Vegas to DC, I did not. When we finally got to Harrisburg, I slept for 2 days, minus time to eat and I did go to church.

That Monday the movers came in. The first thing they did was scratch up my couch. They said they had to take the cover off to get through the door. (HOW IN THE HECK DID THEY GET IT OUT OF MY HOUSE W/ IT ON!!!) Things are missing, broken, damaged and mistreated. I was taken advantage of the movers, by breaking the glass on my entertainment center and I was distracted by them and the kids that I didn't notice it listed as broken on the inventory sheet - then I signed it. I will never move w/o another adult present ever again.

Now, I need to compile a list of everything and submit my damages claim. I hope I am not given too much grief about all the damages. We plan on telling my husbands company that we don't want to use them again when we move again.

No comments: